Built in the 1920’s as a theatre on the vaudeville circuit, the building was later converted to a cinema.
Burch Architects, as the first tenant in the seismically retrofitted structure, converted the proscenium end of the theater into it’s own offices. The existing remaining finishes were maintained and restored while new offices and open work areas were established within the historic shell.
A new skylight was added to bring natural light into the deeper part of the space.
View of building’s exterior from the 1920’s
View of the original interior showing the proscenium arch.
View of the proscenium arch during the construction / renovation phase, The arch was painted black when the theater was converted into a cinema.
View from new conference room to original side gallery arches
Overview of the office area
The proscenium arch shown with private offices to the left and open area workstations to the right.
Office area showing new added skylight.
Owner / Developer CIM Group
Construction Management William F. Burch Architects Incorporated